Thursday, December 1, 2011

PA Patchwork Pillowcases

I am so excited that I just came across some old references to PA Pillowcases.  Up to now, I had only seen two articles written on the subject.  For the first time, a Google search brought up a reference in the Quilt Index (http://www.quiltindex.org/) to an issue of Quilters Journal, Summer 1979.  Perhaps these periodicals were only recently added to the Quilt Index??  This issue contains an article titled Pennsylvania Pillowcases by Patricia Long .  AND there is a photo in the article of one of the pillowcases in my collection!  This is from the set of PCs with the squirrel pillar print on the back.  I blogged about this a while ago.
What a surprise to see this.  I am now trying to locate copies of the references in this article.  I have found many on eBay and Abebooks.  I am still looking for an old issue of "Antique Collecting" August 1978, which has an article by Ada R. Robacker, titled The Patchwork Pillowcase.

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard about Pennsylvania pillowcases. Is this a style that was used only in the Pennsylvania area or just that it started there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is just soooo exciting, I am thrilled for you!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very nice article to add to your collection to document your Pennsylvania pillowcase. Glad you found it; happy hunting as you dig further! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to love internet searching - it can be endless! Looking forward to reading more about the pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't it just give you goose bumps! I've found a couple of my quilts in books and it is such a delight.
    Love that squirrel print and the pillow case, glad I got to see your cases in Jersey.
    Check with Barb Garrett or Trish, one of them will have that article to sell or copy for you, I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete