Tuesday, February 11, 2014

quick little quilt

I cleaned out the bookcase where I keep my quilt books.  Behind the books I found an envelope of reproduction swatches from the Judy Rothermel collections, Lancaster County and Lancaster County II.  I had been saving them for future reference.  The repros will start showing up in quilts that may be miss-identified as antique quilts some day.  Rather than stick them back in the envelope and lose them again, I stitched them into a small quilt.  I made a label for the back identifying the collection.



5 comments:

  1. What a great discovery!....and a cute little quilt! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann - you are a genius! I would never have thought to do that for a record of fabrics. You are so right. Those will be showing up in so called antique quilts. Plus your little quilt is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea and it is so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little quilt is so sweet and it is a great idea to classify the fabrics as reproductions so they can be correctly identified.

    ReplyDelete