Saturday, January 21, 2012

A little cross-stitch and I've got mail (reposting from yesterday)

I received notes from readers saying that my blog could not be opened.  I copied it and will try posting again.

I picked up needle and floss for the first time in many years.  I had made many reproduction samplers in the past, and have shown them on my blog previously.  This time, my project was significantly less complex, just a few words on linen.  I found some great vintage linen toweling and experimented with making simple hearts with simple sentiments.  One is completed as you can see, the others are in progress, "Love" and another "Be Mine" with a fancier script.


Hanging on my jelly cupboard. 
I also made a heart from antique red fabric.  This one is already gone to one of my friends at work.

And now for the mail.  I just received this great book about the Amish quilt collection of Darwin Bearly.  He posts on facebook in the antique quilt group and I bought the book directly from him.  I have just paged through it briefly, but the photos are gorgeous.  I will enoy snuggling with this book this weekend during the snowstorm we are suppose to get.


My other package contained an angel--a hooked angel rug from one of my favorite artists,
Annie Hayes. 

Here's my angel hanging in the quilt lab watching over me (with two other Annie Hayes rugs).
Annie has some nice valentine themed rugs on her site right now, and I must admit they were the inspiration for my linen hearts.



I hope you all have an angel to watch over you.

2 comments:

  1. wow...beautiful rugs Ann and I love the little hearts you made. So simple and perfect!!

    hugs
    cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little hearts are so cute and they look like a fun project to make. The angel rug is gorgeous, it is a great addition to your home!

    ReplyDelete