Friday, September 2, 2011

Field Trip DMV for the teens and shopping for me

It's been a big day.  I took my freshly-minted 16 year old twins to the DMV to get their driving permits.  They passed.  Since this represents yet another rite of passage for them, and translates into "I am getting even older", I took myself shopping.

I have been wanting to visit The Cinnamon Stick in Hereford, PA for some time.  It's a bit of a hike from here, about an hour drive.  It was well worth the trip!  What a charming store, all decked out for fall and Halloween right now.  They have primitives, antiques, and folkart.  Check out the Cinnamon Stick's blog.

Here's what I got, just in time for fall.

 The hooked rug is by Joanne McIllmurray.  Joanne is one of the artisans invited to the Mennonite Heritage PA German Folk Art show that I also participate in.
I
I pulled fabrics for a new project, this pile of fabrics is destined to become a nine-patch quilt.

12 comments:

  1. Very cute Halloween decorations, I really like the little rug. Bet the boys are so excited to get those permits, it is a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two teen-aged drivers? Oh boy, now the fun begins! Those are some cute things you got; they will be glad to have such a good home! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a testing time when the fledglings get their driving licences (pardon the pun). Now you can just fret about them being on the road. What a terrific name for the shop and it's full of wonderful goodies. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lordy, new 16 year-old driving trainees! You are in trouble now, LOL. Love your purchases. Very cute!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray, it is time for my favorite decorating theme!! Love your new additions, especially the rug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rug is just adorable! Good luck to the new drivers. There's a lot more distractions out there for them than there were when I started driving, but I suppose they've grown up with them and will be just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two at once! Oh my - will there be fights for the car??? Ann thanks for buying my rug! You got some other wonderful goodies at the C-STick - I was eyeing up the kitty and pumpkin too! Lots of fun stuff in there! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on their passing...I think! It is great seeing some Halloween decorations...signs that cooler weather is on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new fall goodies Ann. How awesome you got one of Joanne's rugs!
    Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fall treasures. The little cat rug is just the sweetest!
    Good luck to the new drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ann....the pleasure of your visit was all mine - and thanks for the kind words about the store. It is the artists that create for us that makes our store fun. Joanne is a MAJOR contributor and does fantastic work.
    Your quilts are beautiful - I admire anyone who does piece work..a true art. Hope you will visit again soon...Fondly, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your Fall purchases, especially the black cats. One of my collections is black cat items - ceramics, advertising art, books, you name it.

    Quilting Bear Gal who used to go by Black Cat Lady

    ReplyDelete