It's too hot to go outside and pull weeds. Too bad, I have to stay inside and sew. I've been wanting to reproduce this doll quilt from the book Childhood Treasures. I played around with the size a bit, deciding on a 2 inch finished hourglass unit. Huge, I know! I had to start with 3.5 inch squares. Oh my goodness. It's so hard to sew with such large squares!
This is the first blue I tried for the sashing.
Then I changed my mind and will use this instead. It's not quite as bright.
As usual with me, one quilt leads to another. I made this block with the small rejects from my first attempt at hitting a size I liked.
That will become a quilt with 9 of those blocks. And these blocks will make nice ornaments. This is a good thing, because I just got an order for 40 ornaments from the museum shop in Doylestown. I have until November (phew). I then remembered a quilt I made a few years ago and decided I wanted to make it again. These color combination will make for good ornaments too.
The creative juices are flowing now. See the mess, that's a sure sign.