It was time to start quilting all of the tops I had accumulated so I broke open a package of batting and starting cutting the batting. It smelled a little funky, but I thought it was just from being in a sealed package and that the odor would dissipate. I layered all the tops, batting and backing, but the smell just wasn't going away. I decided I couldn't risk it so I took them all apart. Unfortunately, the fabrics seemed to have picked up some of the batting odor. I washed the backing pieces and they are fine. Since I can't wash the tops, they are being aired out. I think they will be ok by the morning. I opened a second package of batting and it smelled the same. I have contacted the seller and she is going to call the manufacturer on Monday.
Of course I still needed to quilt so I took a drive to the local quilt shop, which was closed due to the weather. I went to Joanne fabrics and they were closed too. What a bunch of weather wimps. We got much less snow than predicted and they roads were practically dry by noon. I guess everybody wanted a free day off. I'm hoping to get some batting first thing tomorrow and get started on my quilting!
Think Spring...from my garden last year.